Instructions for Registering and Logging into the
GIC Member Directory
The GIC Member Directory is on a password protected page under the Resource tab on the GIC website. It is only available to GIC members. The Member Directory list contains Name, Email Addresses and Phone Numbers and has a good search facility. We will control access by each of you registering for a User ID and Password. Registration must be approved by Communications committee before you can access the directory.
How to Register
- Go to the GIC website (https://greaterislandcouncil.com).
- On the Home page, click on the Resources tab to view the dropdown menu.
- Click on Register on the menu.
- Fill in the registration form.
Username: Use your email address or create a different name.
A strong password is required. Please choose a password that rates as Strong on the meter.
Hint: The password should be at least twelve characters long. Use upper and lower case letters, numbers,
and symbols like ! ” ? $ % ^ & ).
- When you click on Register, a message will say that your registration is pending approval. We will try to respond within 24 hours.
- You will receive an email indicating that your registration has been submitted with your Name, Username and Email address and password (only you see that)
- You will receive an approval email. If you do not receive it within 48 hours, check your “Junk” mail file. If it is not there, send a message from the Contact page on the GIC website: https://greaterislandcouncil.com/contact-us/
Logging In and Logging Out
To Log In to the Member Directory
- Go to the GIC website and click on the Resources tab to view the drop down menu. Click on the link on the menu, GIC Member Directory.
- When you close the GIC website, you will be logged out. You may also log out by hovering your cursor over the “Howdy” next to your name in the page’s top right corner and click on Log Out.
- Note: Data entered into the User Profile will not appear on the Member Directory. For now, only your name, email, and phone number will appear in the directory